Peter Lee, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- University of Chicago – BS Biology
- Rush Medical College
- University of Illinois at Chicago – General Surgery
- Albert Einstein Medical Center – Plastic Surgery
- Best Surgery Resident Award
- Award-Winning Media-Recognized Plastic Surgeon
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Advanced ENDOTINE Bioskills Surgeon Educator and Trainer
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Dr. Peter Lee, MD, FACS, Founder, CEO and Chief Surgeon of WAVE Plastic Surgery Center and Advanced Endotine Bioskills surgeon educator and trainer, is a top Los Angeles board-certified Plastic, Reconstructive, and Cosmetic Surgeon. Dr. Peter Lee is a board-certified Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Drawing patients from around the world, he is both an innovator and thought leader who has advanced the discipline of plastic surgery through his lifelong commitment to excellence and education. In addition to being bilingual in English and Korean, Dr. Lee has mentored and trained master surgeons in South Korea, China and other Asian countries in state-of-the-art techniques and scientific advancements in the field. With innovative and open techniques as well as a superb attention to detail in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, Dr. Lee stands as an internationally acclaimed, award-winning and media recognized physician. His consistently outstanding results in restoring the face and body by creating balance and beauty are what have made him the go-to expert in cosmetic surgery. Dr. Lee places a great deal of emphasis on patient education, compassionate care, and instinctive, artistic, three-dimensional aesthetic surgery approaches. View Dr. Lee’s profile on American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Yelp Reviews About Dr. Lee
Jonathan Shifren, M.D.
- WAVE Plastic Surgery Medical Director
- Yale University – Magna cum Laude Yale College
- Harvard University – Harvard Medical School
- Stanford University – Microsurgery Research, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Albert Einstein Medical Center – Plastic Surgery
- University of California San Francisco – Buncke Microsurgery Clinic
- Hoag Hospital Attending
The foundations of Dr. Jonathan Shifren’s practice are beauty, quality and value. He treats each patient as a member of his own family. He believes that superior surgery is a process, not an operation. It actually begins with an initial consultation, where surgical options are tailored to the patient’s individual anatomy and goals. In the operating room, our shared vision comes to life through precise execution and meticulous technique. Surgery is not over when the operation is completed. During the healing process, the patient is further educated, nurtured and supported by our dedicated and experienced staff. Our goal is to provide our patients with excellent results in a warm and caring environment that is responsive to patients’ situations and needs. Dr. Shifren is bilingual in English & Spanish.
Yelp Reviews About Dr. Shifren
Justin R. Johnsen, M.D.
- University of Utah – B.S. Biology, B.A. Spanish
- Emory University Medical School – M.D.
- Vanderbilt University – Ophthalmology
- Michigan Center for Oculoplastic, Orbital and Reconstructive Surgery
- Former Professor at Duke University School of Medicine
- Consumer Research Council of America® – Top Ophthalmologist
- Patient’s Choice Awards® – Most Compassionate Doctor
- Patient’s Choice Awards® – Utah’s Favorite Physicians
- Vitals® – Top Ten Doctors – Top Ten Ophthalmologist Specialists
- Leading Physicians of the World® – Top Ophthalmologist
- Who’s Who® – Top Doctor – Oculofacial Plastic Surgeon
- Marquis Who’s Who® – Top Doctor – Oculofacial Plastic Surgeon
- American Registry® – Americans Most Honored Professionals
- Marquis Who’s Who® – Distinguished Doctor Designation
- Lumenis® Laser Instructor/Lecturer
- Eclipse® Laser Instructor/Lecturer
Dr. Justin R. Johnsen has a passion for innovation in Plastic Surgery. After having been a professor at Duke University and having owned a Master Esthetician School instructing students on laser treatment, Dr. Johnsen is an expert in medical laser treatments especially Co2 laser surgery, resurfacing and technology. Dr. Johnsen has pioneered the sutureless and bladeless facial plastic surgery technique. This technique leads to much less anesthesia, bruising and swelling, and downtime and much quicker healing – all of which helps you be the best you can be without disrupting your busy life. But what truly drives Dr. Johnsen is his compassion and concern for his patients. He will always strive to give the best possible care available, and will always be your advocate for excellence and beauty! When Dr Johnsen is not helping his patient enhance their beauty, he enjoys spending time with his wife and six children in a variety of activities. He especially enjoys traveling to experience different cultures and peoples and is fluent in both English and Spanish.
Denise Wong, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- University of California, Davis- BS Nutrition Science, Magna Cum Laude
- Virginia Commonwealth University- Medical College of Virginia
- University of California, San Francisco- General Surgery
- University of Minnesota- Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery
- McCollough Institute- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Aesthetic surgery represents a unique blend of science and art, both requiring creativity, manual dexterity, and great attention to detail. As a surgeon and artist, Dr. Denise Wong exemplifies these qualities and understands the concept of beauty in balance. She treats each patient individually and strives to provide the best, most natural look to obtain excellent cosmetic results. Dr. Wong is double-board certified in Facial Plastic Surgery, by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and by the American Board of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery. An expert in the field, she has given multiple lectures, authored several publications, and actively teaches at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Wong’s professionalism, sincere compassion for others, and enthusiasm to educate her patients, lend to the highest quality of patient care.
Elena Rusyn, PhD, ABAARM
- Board Certified by American Academy of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Duke University Medical Center –Neuroscience, Neurodegeneration
- Harvard Medical School/ MGH- Cancer Cell Biology, oxidative stress
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill- Radiation Oncology
- Bogomolets National Medical University, Kiev, Ukraine- MD
- Academy of Postdoctoral Medical Training, Kiev, Ukraine – Ph.D., Immunology and Allergy with a subspecialty in Cardiology
- AmpliCell Medical – founding member, stem cell therapy
- California Transhumanist Party- Director of Biosciences
Dr. Elena Rusyn, Ph.D., is dedicated to enhancing the quality and extending the length of the human lifespan and holds the belief that aging is a curable disease. She is a medical scientist, consultant, educator, researcher, lecturer and author of several publications.
Elena spent a considerable amount of time developing expertise in the areas of anti-aging and regenerative medicine, women’s health, weight loss, nutrition, stem cell research, along with neurodegenerative and metabolic disorders.
Elena’s experiences lead her to develop a strong interest in interdisciplinary broad medicine. She understands that every pathological process that stresses our body natural defense mechanisms has stages of activation, compensation, and decompensation. It is all about the tug-of-war between forces that cause pathology and defense forces that resist and remove the damage which influences the rate of aging. Stress is a major contributing factor to disease because chronic stress causes long-term chemical changes and there is a limited supply of adaptive energy to deal with stress. She believes that the best way to help patients is to use appropriate preventive measures before disease progress too far by increasing the supply of that adaptive energy.
Her scientific work has been published in numerous high impact peer-reviewed journals such as the Journal of Cell Biology, Oncogene, Cancer Research, Cell Host and Microbe, Nutrition and Cancer, Pediatric Research and Journal of Immunology and Allergy.
- An ATM/Chk2-mediated DNA damage responsive signaling pathway suppresses Epstain-Barr virus transformation of primary human B cells. Nikitin P, Yan C, Forte E, Bocedi A, Tourigny J, Patel A, Rusyn E, Sandeep D, Kim W, Hu K, Guo J, Tainter D, and Luftig M.
- CLN3p impacts galactosylceramide transport, raft morphology, and lipid content. Rusyn E, Mousallem T, Persaud-Sawin D. A, Miller S, Boustany R. M.
- R-Ras C-terminal sequences are sufficient to confer R-Ras specificity to H-Ras. Hansen M, Rusyn E. V, Hughes P. E, Ginsberg M. H, Cox A. D, Willumsen B. M.
- Rit, a non-lipid-modified Ras-related protein, transforms NIH3T3 cells without activating the ERK, JNK, p38 MAPK or PI3K/AKT pathways. Rusyn E. V., Reynolds E. R., Shao H., Grana T., Chan T. O., Andres D. A. and Cox A. D.
- Endothelial cells contain a glycine-gated chloride channel. Yamashina S, Konno A, Wheeler MD, Rusyn I, Rusyn EV, Cox AD, Thurman RG.
- Inhibition of chronic rejection of aortic allografts by dietary glycine. Yin M., Rusyn I., Schoonhoven R., Harding T. W., Graves L. M., Rusyn E. V., Li X., Cox A. D., Bunzendahl H., Swenberg J. A. and Thurman R. G.
- R-Ras signals through specific integrin α cytoplasmic domains to promote migration and invasion of breast epithelial cells. Keely P. J., Rusyn E. V., Cox A. D., and Parise L. V.